Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Improvements

I went out for dinner last night, which was very nice. I didn’t know anyone else there except the lady who had invited me but that was fine and I just chatted to people and had a pleasant time and some very nice food. I was really tired by the end of the evening though and need to start getting to bed earlier.

The brother of one of the people I work with died last week and he is really devastated by this, poor chap. He is due back in the office in the next day or so. I thought he was going to be in yesterday but he wasn’t. It might be a bit difficult when he is back though because he wants people to know but he doesn’t want anyone to talk to him about it because he is worried that he will get really upset. He is the nicest bloke and it would be awful if he got upset, but then you want to be nice to him because he is such a lovely bloke and has had something awful happen to him. Not that the death was unexpected but it was really miserable for him anyway. We’ll see what happens when he comes back to work.

I had some good news in that over Christmas my head of unit looked at some work I had done and last week she told me how good she thought it was. I now just need to get it all finished off and then I can move on to my new job. I am beginning to count down the days - which actually is quite difficult because I haven’t actually worked out yet when I am going to be in a position to move, but my mind has already wandered on.

I might also have to get the tube slightly earlier each day than I had hoped. I have a slightly different (and improved) route into work now, but yesterday morning there were only a couple of seats left when I got on the tube, whereas my previous journey before I moved there was never any problem getting a seat. How can I get that extra bit of shut eye if I have to stand up on the way in. So I may have to take drastic action and get out of bed earlier - or see if I can make myself look pregnant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the pillow is coming to work with you? LOL

I finally figured out the Bloggies thing.
Took me two days after i accidently changed the page and everything was gone pffffffffft
Good luck :)

Random Reflections said...

The good thing about a pillow would be that it might help me get a seat and it would also mean that I could fall asleep on it once I'd sat down. Although fellow commuters might not be too impressed.

I hope you found lots of good blogs to nominate in the Bloggies.