Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Dedicated

I really like my new bed. It makes my room look so different and much more like a bedroom rather than a “work in progress”. When I woke up yesterday morning I almost had to drag myself out of bed, as I so wanted to stay curled up under my duvet. Or that could have just been because it was a Monday morning. My room looks so much nicer now that it is a light colour and on Sunday afternoon when the sun was out it made it look really good. My mum asked if I was going to put a mirror up ion the alcove between the two wardrobes in my room, but I said that as this would mean that it was directed straight at my bed that I though there was something slightly kinky about that. Anyway, the mirror on the ceiling above my bed is more of a priority.

I think there is something slightly odd about
the story that has been in the news recently about the German woman who spotted some bloke on the tube that she really fancied. A lot of the daily London free papers have a column for people to get in touch if they see someone they fancy on the tube, but this has taken it to a whole new level. The woman took a photo of the bloke she fancied and then e-mailed it to lots of people to try and track him down. In the end The Metro featured it and as a result the chap was found and they are now planning their first date, which she is going to fly in from Germany for. Is it just me, or is there something slightly stalkerish about all of this? She takes a photo of a stranger on the tube, presumably spends a bit of time looking at it and decides that she must know who this chap is, so she e-mails everyone she can think of and then gets them to forward it on as well, until at last she finds this chap who she has never even spoken to and they agree to go on a date. I think there can be a thin line between romantic and psychotic. Let’s hope she doesn’t end up boiling his bunny rabbit, if he isn’t quite so smitten.

On the theme of The Metro, Yesterday’s headline was “Big Brother is getting bigger” and my first thought was “is a TV programme really worthy of a front page headline?” It was only when I read the article later that I realised that actually the article was about the governments proposal to have some super computer to track us. I don’t even watch Big Brother and I assumed that’s what it was about. TV truly is taking over the world.

3 comments:

Walker said...

I don't know if I could sleep with a mirror on the ceiling.
Everytime i woke up I'd scare the hell out of me.lol

Anonymous said...

Random , mirror on the ceiling!
....
Are you going to opt for the magnified one?

Random Reflections said...

Walker - I think it might be a bit much for me too. Now that would be enough to give me nightmares.

TF - Magnified? Eek! I think there are some things best left to the imagination and magnifying things does not always enhance them! Size isn't everything you know...