Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm with the monkey

I stayed up rather late last night talking to my friend, so am kind of tired today. It’s been a nice weekend though. The friend who is staying is the one who lives in hostels most of the time. She texted me last week and asked if she could stay for the weekend as she wanted to escape hostel living for a bit. She hardly sleeps anyway but I think she just wanted to be somewhere that she didn’t have to put up with other people’s snoring and wasn’t working to someone else’s timetable on getting out of bed. For medical reasons she doesn’t get bags under her eyes, which sounds good but it means that instead whatever that effect is instead puts pressure above her eyes. I can’t really explain it very well, but it is very unpleasant for her (not that I can see this, but she says it feels like having bowling balls on her eyeballs). Anyway, it’s been nice to have company, even though my friend does tend to argue with the television a lot. I am normally more of a passive watcher.

You may be aware of the age old argument of when you make a cup of tea do you pu the milk in first or last. Well, I will leave it to monkey and Al to argue it out, but I’m with the monkey on this one:

No comments: