Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Plumbing the depths



So last night, once again, the plumber was booked to come and fix my thermostat. And*… this time it was different! This time, he still didn’t turn up but he also didn’t answer his phone when I called to ask if he was going to show up. I left a message. He didn’t phone back. Maybe he thinks that if he turns up now he will have to give me a major discount. Somehow I don’t think plumbers work like that though. I’ll see if he leaves a message today and if not then I think I’ll have to find a new plumber.

I can be a very patient person. If I think someone has just made a mistake or that what they have done isn’t deliberately then I am often willing to give quite a lot of leeway but sometimes things really irritates me - and if you combine that with PMT, then you have a potentially lethal combination. Perhaps it’s a good job the plumber wasn’t available on the phone last night.

Also, I have not heard back from the freeholder to say if I can have a burglar alarm fitted. It isn’t really a surprise ,as that is what one of the neighbours said would happen, but even so it is frustrating and I want to phone the freeholder and be somewhat cutting. Except that wouldn’t be very constructive, particularly as I want to extend my lease. So I shan’t. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyway, on to happier things… Actually saying that reminds me that at some point I intend to try and compile a list of songs that are just really good “happy songs”. I was listening to Mr Blue Sky by ELO last night and that is definitely one of those songs that can put you in a good mood. I am going to come up with some others, this will probably include such delights as the Killers and so on and then at some point do something with those songs such as load them on an MP3 player to lighten my day on the way into work.

PG Tips have a new monkey advert out, which I find very exciting even if you don’t:



*I know that it is grammatically wrong to start a sentence with “And”. It was very naughty of me and I shall chastise myself suitably.

No comments: