Friday, January 26, 2007

WLTM

I think it is safe to describe the plumber as unreliable… or maybe just forgetful. He didn’t turn up last night either as he had totally forgotten again. He’s meant to be coming on Tuesday night now. We shall see.

Anyway, as you have probably noticed, I have been doing some spring cleaning here. A fresh lick of paint to lighten it up a bit. Not sure if I like it or not, but it’s certainly a lot lighter than it was. I might add an image at the top at some point. Constructive suggestions are welcome and I can actually go back to my original template if I just can’t cope with all this newness.

I have a slight dilemma at work at the moment. Someone I worked with until recently has invited me to her wedding. It’s only the evening reception, which is fine - but it’s in Southampton so a bit of a trek. I don’t actually really like weddings and I’m not great at the whole looking vaguely well dressed for the occasion. If I want to look fairly smart then I would generally wear something that I would normally wear to work, but couldn’t do that for this wedding because I work with her. There will be other people I know there but I just don’t know that I really want to go - even though I really like this person and think it would be good to show her a bit of support. I could also stay with my friend D as he lives in Southampton and I haven’t seen him for a really long time. I need to decide soon, but I am erring towards not going.

As much as I might wish to bemoan my lack of relationships of late, at least I haven’t had to resort to this. I guess there is nothing like a bit of self-promotion. Many a woman might look at the milk carton as she’s eating her cornflakes and discover she is gazing at the man of her dreams, at least she‘d never be likely to run out of milk ever again. I may have some stickers made and put them on various suitable products. Perhaps some toothpaste if I am looking for someone with minty fresh breath, or on some tea if I want to ensure that they drink the finest drink in the world or maybe some marmite because that is a pretty integral part of my daily eating habits and anyone who doesn’t eat it must be regarded with some suspicion. However, I think the first thing I will try is ot water bottles because at least then there will be a guarantee of some hot nights…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the new template, image would be good; photo would be even better - only joking)...
... Have a fruitful weekend TF

Random Reflections said...

Thanks for the feedback. I might upload an image soon.

As for a photo... You could be waiting a long time for that one. At least I have a vague air of mystery at the moment - why shatter all the illusions??

Anonymous said...

(Ditto ... an element of mystery is a good thing... TF