Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Carry on



It was another really cold day yesterday with a little bit of snow and some driving sleet at times, so I wimped out and decided it as not the evening to take a long walk. I left work late anyway, so wouldn’t have been home until quite late. So instead I caught the tube and felt slightly regretful that I had eaten a few too many chocolates at work yesterday, as I could no longer justify it to myself by thinking that I would burn them off with a bit of exercise.

The other day I tried a Dairy Milk bar with Cadbury’s Creme Egg filling and quite liked it. The ratio of filling to chocolate wasn’t quite right, but apart from that I thought it was quite nice. I saw that a Cadbury’s Easter egg lorry was robbed. I am hoping that I am one of the least likely suspects for having carried out the raid, as I have an Easter egg from last year still to eat. If I had a whole lorry full, I’d still be eating them into eternity. I’m not really sure why it would be worth your while going to all that effort to steal Easter eggs, is it not just easier to go to Woolworths and shoplift them?

I also saw that someone died on a British Airways flight recently and their body was moved from economy to first class for the rest of the flight and her daughter was also upgraded (can you upgrade a dead body?). I had previously heard that if someone died on a flight they put them in one of the toilets and sealed the door, but it seems that this is not the case. It’s certainly one way to get an upgrade – from now on I think I will try and travel with people who have serious health problems and if they happen to die mid-flight then at least I get to enjoy food and drink on tap and my own fold-out bed. Let’s hope that it isn’t one of the flights where they decide to put the body in the toilets instead.

The thing about that flight though was that they put the body in a seat next to another first class passenger – while he was asleep! Can you imagine waking up during a flight having paid thousands of pounds* for your ticket and out of the corner of your eye you glimpse a dead body. The bloke said he “watched in horror as the body repeatedly slipped beneath the seat belt onto the cabin floor” and apparently he also complained about the smell of the dead body. Lovely. I hope he got a refund on his ticket.

In other news, I am excited to report that next week I may get to see Celia Imrie *in* *the* *flesh*. I have put in an order for a couple of tickets to see her recording a programme. I did actually see her in the stage production of Acorn Antiques a couple of years ago, but was quite a distance away form the stage. Anyway, now I just have to wait for my ticket to turn up and then prepare myself for an evening not to be forgotten.

Oh and I don’t normally watch EastEnders but I watched a bit of it last night and was I the only person who when Peggy was doing those yoga exercises suddenly wondered if it was going to be like one of those Carry on Films where she ended up revealing more than anyone wants to see while they’re eating their dinner? Perhaps it was just me...

*I think it would be unpleasant even if you hadn’t paid thousands of pounds for your flight.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

my husband used to watch EASTEnders...has it gotten any better?? I thought PHIL bought some spice into the show but it all got downhill once they killed that guy and got buried in the pub.

The Mad Hatter said...

I didnt even know someone died on BA plane ... cheers for filling us in chick ... but they had pop their clogs to get into first class ... typical ;-)

I'm a cream egg fan so now I must try the bar ... how could I miss that one ;-)

As for Eastenders ... Im also a teeny weeny fan ... I have to say its getting crap now though!

Kisses chick xXxXxXx

Random Reflections said...

mrsmogul - Thanks for your comment. I think EastEnders is incredibly depressing, but I think it always has been. If there had been a "carry on moment" at least it would have raised a laugh...

Mad - It brings a whole new meaning to someone saying "It costs how much to travel first class?! The only way we'll travel first class is over my dead body!"

EastEnders now just seems to consist of people having affairs, lots of arguments and people being depressed. Best avoided I think.

A hug and a kiss back to you. Pleased you've reappeared in blogging world.

DAB said...

Are you sure it wasn't you doing a bit of moonlighting in the Staffordshire area...
...
Come on own up! Where have you hidden those eggs? We have ways of making you talk ;-)

Random Reflections said...

TF- I deny everything. You'll never make me talk, I'm too busy eating hundreds of Easter. Oh...

DAB said...

You will be deported, your first class ticket has been booked on the next available flight to Timbuktu....

Pickle said...

I watched that episode of Eastenders as well, but I was hoping Peggy was going to trump during the yoga scene.

That would've improved it immeasurably if you ask me...

Random Reflections said...

TF- I'll pack a nose peg in case the smell of decaying passengers puts me off my smoked salmon.

Teeny - *laughs* I hadn't thought of that. Do you see how easy it would be for them to put a bit of humour into that programme? I think I will have to start suggesting plot ideas. I'll give you credit (but none of the money) if they take up your helpful suggestion.