Saturday, March 31, 2007

Why stalking does not pay...


So… all did not go as planned last night. Mum and I met up and she didn’t feel very well so we went to a chemists and got her some tablets so she stopped feeling sick. Then we went for a bite to eat at a Greek restaurant, which was nice. Then we wandered along tickets in hand to go and see Celia Imrie. It was a BBC recording of a radio programme. Anyway, when we turned up the BBC people said that as there were so many people on the guest list that night they were turning people away who had tickets. They were very nice about it and I think said they’d send us tickets to something else (the tickets are free anyway and I could just order any tickets I wanted so I’m not sure what the advantage of that is…). All we could do is wander off into the night. So near and yet so far… Do they not know that this was going to be the high point of my entire life? Anyway, now my life has gone into decline without ever reaching its apex and the BBC are to blame. Mum and I went for a coffee and then had a wander around a bookshop and that was our evening’s entertainment instead. Not quite the same.

This evening I was meant to be meeting up with a friend and going to the cinema but she phoned me this morning to say that she now can’t make it, so that’s another cancelled plan. I also need to get a new tax disc for my car as it expires today. I went out earlier to buy one but the post office I went to doesn’t sell them, so I now need to find a post office that is open this afternoon in order to get one. It’s not actually that I am really badly organised, I did try and buy it online a few times over the last couple of weeks but the DVLA website couldn’t find my insurance details.

I think I feel rather subdued this weekend (not particularly because of any of the things I have listed above) so I hope a trip out into the sunshine will shake some of that off.

Incidentally, in case you were wondering, colleagues never turned up last week so there was no opportunity to try out my new CV. *sigh*

7 comments:

londongirl said...

Sorry the plans haven't quite come off - but that's the run of three, right? so the corner should be coming.

Eddy said...

Yeah - bad luck on the colleague thing.

On your tax disc, DVLA had my address wrong so sent the tax disc reminder somewhere else. It took almost 3 months for them to send me the fine (which bizarrely did get to me, despite the wrong address) so I wouldn't worry about being a day or two late.

Random Reflections said...

Londongirl - yes, let's hope that's the end of it. Although my car tax had gone up because of the budget. They could at least have waited until the end of the month to put the price up!

James - My stalking will just have to be reinstated next month instead. All is not lost...

Ally Bally said...

How annoying. I'm afraid I was on said guest list and have ruined your life. She has some more studio audience type things coming up in the summer, so look out on her website!
xx

Random Reflections said...

little miss babs - it is probably wrong to hate someone based on a comment on my blog, so instead I shall just weep that someone else managed to see Celia in all her glory. My bitterness will pass... in time...

I certainly will be keeping an eye out on her website. I feel it is my mission now to ensure I do get to see her.

I hope you enjoyed the evening - just don't gloat too much!

Ally Bally said...

well, she wasn't in all her glory...she kept her clothes on...but do listen each Wednesday on BBC Radio 4 at 6.30pm between 20 June and 25 July (inclusive) for much comedy.

Random Reflections said...

I imagine that would have been rather over-acting on her part, particularly as it was a radio recording!

Thanks for telling me the dates when it will be broadcast, I was wondering. I'll put it in my diary.