Saturday, March 03, 2007

To put a smile on my face



So... Teeny tagged me and I have to come up with the first ten songs that played on my iPod. The person who tagged her changed it to this even though the original tag had been about the contents of his handbag. Yes... I am then changing it again because I don’t actually own an iPod. This is a bit like some children’s game of Chinese whispers. We’ll probably go back into the mists of blogging history and find that this all started with someone asking “how are you?” - but sometimes you can’t hold back the tides of change.

Anyway, I will give you a list of the ten songs that I would like to listen to on my (imaginary) iPod on the way into work because I reckon they’d put me in a good mood for the day ahead*. This is actually more revealing than naming the first ten songs that come up because you can always add the disclaimer that there are lots of other *far better* songs on your iPod and these *just happened* to be the ones that came up, whereas I have no such get out. *gulp*

If you click on each of the titles it will take you to the video of it. I reckon with a bit more thought I could come up with a lot more, so may continue it at some point for when I become a proper adult and get an iPod.

So, in no particular order, I present you the contents of my head:

Mr Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra
Beautiful Child - Rufus Wainwright
Feeling a Moment - Feeder
When You Were Young - The Killers
Somewhere Else - Razorlight
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Wires - Athlete
No Tomorrow - Orson
Better Days - Goo Goo Dolls
How to Save a Life- The Fray


I should now tag five people but I get all paranoid and it’s like being back at school when you have to pick teams in PE and so on. So to save tagging people who then laugh in my face, I leave it to you to take up the gauntlet. Feel free to do so and you’ll then give me a nice warm glow.



* A very catchy and succinct tag I am sure you will agree.

5 comments:

Witty Woman said...

I've only heard of Mr Blue Sky and Chasing Cars, but that's 'cos I'm old ... sigh. I've only heard of the Snow Patrol one because my teenage daughter plays it a lot. I could have heard some of the others, but I wouldn't know from the names. I do love Chasing Cars, though.

I have a blog that has a different music video on it with each entry - I write about a particular word I choose at random. It's called The Word Puddle and the description uses the term "random reflections"!

Le Butterfly said...

Okay, I am in.

You can check out my list:
http://simonesbutterfly.blogspot.com/

Random Reflections said...

Thanks to you both for dropping by.

Witty Woman - the songs you do know are good and I'm pleased to hear you like Chasing Cars. If you wanted to broaden your music knowledge then if you click on the links in the post it will take you through to the songs. they're all worth a listen and you might discover some others that you like! I checked out your blog, very nice.

Le Fleur - Thank you for taking up the gauntlet, I do indeed now have a nice warm glow. Nice choice of songs.

Pickle said...

I love that Snow Patrol song but don't tell anyone. I don't have any Snow Patrol on my iPod because I am stubborn - I didn't like their first single and my Boy kept harassing me to give their album a chance but I wouldn't. And now it's too late - I can't back down and admit that I like them.

Random Reflections said...

Your secret is safe with me. Fortunately no-one reads my blog apart from those who take pity on me - and they can therefore be trusted to protect your secrets.

I'm guessing you won't be choosing Snow Patrol for your first dance then. They are the only band that I have ever seen in concert (due to my sheltered life) and I thought they were great. There were a lot of fairly normal people at the concert, so you would be in fairly good company if you decided to show some allegiance. Still if you start to agree with your boyfriend now what will you have to argue about when you're married?