Monday, March 05, 2007

Stopped

No work again today. This time it’s because my friend came back from The Gambia permanently this weekend and so we are meeting up today. It will be interesting to see how that goes. Actually, we’ll get on just fine and they really want to see where I live and so on. They did actually view it with me when I was looking at properties and want to see what it’s like now it’s mine – and to see me as well.

The plumber is also due this morning and hopefully he will then fix my hot water tank and the temperature of the water will be somewhat cooler than it is at the moment. I also need to get my watch fixed. It stopped working on Saturday and so I need to get a new battery for it. The last time I had to get a new battery for it was a couple of years ago and it was one of those rare days when A and I did not meet up on our lunch breaks. That lunch break A got pooed on by a pigeon and I got stung by a wasp. When I got back to my office I realised my watch had also stopped so then I had to wander off again to get that working. I am hoping that today will not be so fraught with such disasters, but can you see why I don’t often go out on my lunch breaks any more? It’s dangerous going out into the big wide world without A and I just look plain silly in one of those bee-keeper outfits.

Last night I settled down at 8pm to watch the start of series 2 of Grey’s Anatomy and ten minutes into it the signal went on my TV again. I think it must be because it rained so much last night. So the only programme I had wanted to watch in months, I could only peer at through a cloud of snow and interference. However, all was not lost as I managed to find the two episodes on the internet that they showed last night, so I watched them via the internet instead. I really need to get my aerial looked at at some point.

Anyway, here is a rather nice song, which is “Falling Slowly” by The Frames. It’s a live version and personally I prefer the studio version without the female accompaniment (which is here but the video is of something totally different). The live version is still good though and I also really like his explanation of what the song is about. Enjoy.

7 comments:

missfee said...

ick, my tv doesn;t even get channel 5, have heard grey's anatomy is good though and full of hotties :-)

Random Reflections said...

You don't get channel 5 - what kind of backwater do you live in?

Grey's Anatomy is very good. I watch it for it's highly intellectual plot and there is no connection at all to any talent that may appear in it...

Dr.John said...

First I want to thank you for your comment on my blog. Sorry about the pigeon poop and the beee sting. You wouldn't have an anti poop outfit to go with your bee keeper outfit. The people in Pigeon Falls which has far too many pigeons could use one. If you need a new aerial I need a new sound system on my computer becaus eI couldn't understand the song.

Random Reflections said...

I think a bee keeper outfit is bad enough without an anti-pigeon outfit to go with it...

Sorry you couldn't understand the lyrics. The band is Irish, so maybe that doesn't translate well to the US ear! Here's the lyrics if that helps:

http://www.onlylyrics.com/print.php?id=1003504

Pickle said...

I get funny looks when I wear my bee-keeping suit too.

What IS it with people?

Walker said...

Nice song.
They say getting pooed on by a bird is good luck, I guess that a myth that you can bust.

I have 900 channels and there is nothing worth watching on TV. Thank god for music.

Have a nice day

Random Reflections said...

Teeny - People can be quite judgemental and fail to see the practical nature of the outfit. Put some size zero model in it and it will suddenly catch on though.

Walker - Pleased you like the song. I think maybe people said getting pooed on by a bird was good luck to make someone feel better when really everyone was laughing at them.

Isn't that always the way with TV channels? I hope the song helped to pass a bit of time.