Friday, March 16, 2007

Made it



Hooray, it’s Friday! I am very pleased to have (almost) made it to the end of the week. I read this article yesterday and am now worried that I may have done lots of inappropriate things this week due to my lack of sleep. Perhaps I will wake up tonight in a cold sweat and remember with horror. Yesterday I did tell a chap that I work with how good he looked in a suit, but I did assure him that I wasn’t telling him this in a sexual harassment kind of way. He just laughed and said a slightly bashful “thank you very much”. Who knows what else I said while my defences were down?

Last night my friend came over and fixed my living room light for me. It took him about five minutes to fix it and all it cost me was an Indian meal (and that was my choice to pay for the meal, he would have done it for free). It was a nice evening, but while we were out I felt a bit odd and had a real pain in my stomach, so I didn’t feel entirely focussed on either my food or the conversation. I did manage to finish my meal though (I didn’t feel *that* unwell) and kept up with the conversation, so it was fine.

A friend is coming to stay for the weekend, which should be good. It’s my friend who has nowhere to live and from the texts we have exchanged of late she seems to be in a complete and utter mess at the moment (mentally rather than physically) so I’ll have to see how she’s doing. I have a few ideas of things we can do this weekend and hopefully she’ll feel as though she’s had a couple of days break from moving from hostel to hostel and having to put up with other people’s snoring.

You may recall that a while ago I commented on Google’s potential power to take over the world. Well, might I point you to this article here. Need I say more. Next I shall be telling you the winning lottery numbers*, so get your money ready to buy the winning ticket.

*Get in contact with me at about 8.45pm tomorrow night and I’ll be happy to tell you Saturday’s lottery numbers.

2 comments:

Walker said...

It does look like Google is slowly taking over the world doesn;t it.
They pretty much know where we live and who we are so I wouldn't be surporised if they knew what I am going to eat.
Maybe they woudl run over and cook for me to LOL.

Random Reflections said...

Yep Google could pretty much work out various key aspects abotu alot of people's lives - and what do they do with that data? Of course if they used it to have your dinner ready for you when you got home from work that would actually be very useful, so maybe it isn't all bad...