Friday, March 02, 2007

Satisfied



I am now fully burglar alarmed. It took the chap much less time than I’d been told so that was good – and my neighbours were probably quite relieved given the amount of drilling noise there was plus various tests on the alarm that meant it ringing very loudly. I can now set the alarm when I go out and also when I go to bed at night. I can go from my bedroom to the bathroom but if I got anywhere else the alarm will go off. I couldn’t set it last night though because a friend was staying in my spare room and I think my neighbours would have been even less impressed if the alarm had gone off at night. I do also have a panic button by my bed if I am feeling particularly paranoid and hear strange noises in the night. There’s a joke there somewhere but I’m too tired to work out what it is…

Going to see my financial adviser was fine as well. I am only doing part of what he suggested at the moment though, as I explained to him that I thought I might get to the end of the month and have absolutely no money if I’m not careful. So I want a bit of time to work out what my outgoings are each month. I have lots of things I need to sort out anyway though, so if I don’t have enough to occupy me where I live then I can spend the rest of the time working out what to do with my finances. I think I need to get some new interests.

While I was out yesterday afternoon I went to John Lewis in Oxford Street and one of the staff there said to a colleague about going to get something from a “cakery”. Her colleague asked what a cakery was and she replied “You know… the place they bake cakes”. Erm, yes… worrying. There was a story in the paper the other day that a lot of children don’t know what animal pork or lamb comes from – or where yogurt comes from (I’m not sure I could answer the last one with a very exact description). It seems those children may be in good company.

I finished reading Red Leaves by Thomas H Cook. Mr Cook gets a big thumbs up from me, a really good book and a *much* better read than the last book I read. I got to the end and was left with lot of “if only…” points in my mind, which was not because the plot was ludicrous but because it was a well put together story. My faith in crime writers is restored.

Oh and I know about Teeny’s tag but will have to apply my brain to it as I don’t own an iPod.

4 comments:

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

You have a nice Blog, I enjoyed seeing the ads for Bistro Gravy. Stopping by way of Dr John, he made you link for the day.

Random Reflections said...

Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you liked my blog and the advert.

I will have to track down Dr John and hank him for his recommendation. Very kind of him.

Have a good weekend.

Margaret said...

Stopping by to say hi! Great post and good luck with the Boogie Alarm. The neighbors may actually feel safer knowing that you are getting one.

And of course you will feel safer now too.

Random Reflections said...

Hello to you too. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I'll take more of a look at your blog (and the Old Farts) soon...

I do feel safer (not that I was really worried) and I am sure my neighbours will benefit too. Hopefully that will help should the alarm go off in the middle of the night some time!