Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I knew I was good...


I've got an early start this morning. You might not consider it early but any meeting which starts at 8.30am is early to me. I did express my horror when someone phoned me to tell me the time of the meeting, but he just laughed at me. I'm not coherent in the morning at the best of times let alone when I am meant to be sounding as though I know what I am talking about and really am just thinking about how much I want a cup of tea. I think this is probably against my human rights.

I am beginning to suspect that my new CV initiative has mystical powers though. A couple of nights ago I got a really lovely text from someone I had a bit of a thing with the year before last, which basically said "I miss talking to you" and right warmed my heart. We probably last spoke about 3 or 4 months ago so I guess I'd better pick up the phone soon and make contact. Then last night I got another text from a number I didn’t recognise which went as follows:

“Thanks for this morning gorgeous, that’s the best ever, can’t believe I lasted 6 hours, hope you enjoyed it too.”

Well, I knew I was good but I even impressed myself with that one. My only quibble with this is that I am ashamed to admit that I don’t actually remember the particular incident cited here, so a few minutes later I sent back a reply.

“Whilst I would like to take credit, I’m pretty sure I’d have remembered had I been there. I suspect your text was meant for someone else. Keep up the good work though.”

A couple of minutes later I got back a text saying

“Sorry I think I texted a wrong digit. I hope I didn’t offend you it was meant for someone else”

Once I got over the disappointment, and yet felt reassured that I hadn’t totally lost my mind, I sent back a reply saying it wasn’t a problem and I would have hated a misdirected text to have been the reason for broken hearts. I think this may be part of the preparation ritual for when I am beating potential suitors off with a stick. I do suspect that the person who sent that text was rather mortified to have sent it to the wrong person, but I like to think that my future happiness was worth it.

Anyway, I shall have my CV ready for this afternoon when my colleague comes over. I'm thinking that I should hang about near the door to where I work and at just the right moment I could look all helpful by holding the door open and then "accidentally" drop my CV on the floor, then our eyes would meet as we both bent down to pick it up, there'd be a bit of nervous laughter and then all thoughts of attending meetings would pass from our minds and we would walk off into the sunset together. Or more realistically, given that I had to get up extra early today, I'll be sitting at my desk in a daze, not notice the time and then totally miss my opportunity.

2 comments:

Eddy said...

So - did you 'corner' him?

Random Reflections said...

Er... interesting question... As it turn out colleague is actually due tomorrow. Tomorrow!! Surely this proves that I am not a stalker, despite any signs to the contrary.