Thursday, March 29, 2007

Everyone's a suspect


Sadly there's nothing to report on the stalking my colleague front, as the meeting is actually today. In my excitement I obviously got the days muddled up. The problem with today is that I am in a meeting at the crucial time, so I think I may have to come up with another cunning ploy in order for true love to take its course.

I was driving home from a meeting at about 10pm last night and as I drove along a main road near where I live there were some teenage boys playing chicken with the traffic on small tricycles. Being a good citizen, when I got home I phoned my local police station and explained to the police operator what I had just seen. The operator said to me “It may be dangerous but if they want to kill themselves then that is up to them”. I didn’t really know what to say to that, but she did then put me through to someone else so I could report it (who was very helpful). Is it just me or was that a somewhat inappropriate thing for the operator to have said to me?

The situation with the cricket coach Bob Woolmer being killed is rather curious. I'm not a fan of cricket but I feel that we all need to take an interest in this story. "Why?" you may ask. Well, as the Jamaican police keep reminding us "no-one has been ruled out as a suspect". This therefore means that I am a suspect in Bob Woolmer's death - and so are you... As far as I am aware, I have never been suspected of a crime before but I am now going to start preparing my alibi for the time in question. I'm not sure "I was at home alone watching TV" is going to cut it.

I really liked the post over at Little Red Boat the other day (I can’t do a direct link to the post. It is the one called “Captured” on 26 March. Never again will you assume that the person opposite you who is writing something in the newspaper is just doing the crossword or sudoku. The thing that crossed my mind though was what if the chap picked up the newspaper the woman left on the train. It would be so disconcerting to pick up a newspaper and find a picture of yourself drawn by an unknown hand.

2 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

Hey chick,
I have to say that game of chicken brings back memories.

When I was about 13-14 the sister of my cousins girlfreind was playing that horid game ... she got hit by a car and died straight away. Terrible huh? She was only 10!

I love the Capture post ;-)
Kisses hunny XxXxXxXxXxX

Random Reflections said...

Hi there - Yes that's really awful. so probably if the police had said to her parents "well, it may be dangerous but if she wanted to kill herself..." they might not have been too impressed (not that it was a police officer who said that to me, it was a civilian).

Hope you're doing ok lass.