Monday, March 26, 2007

CV


I know you’re going to be shocked by this news, but...during the weekend I actually ate my last remaining Easter egg from last year. It was really nice, despite having gone out of date in July last year. I still have the sweets that came with it (it was a Cadbury’s Heroes egg), but this is indeed progress and I now feel warmed up for receiving some new Easter eggs this year. I probably won’t get any now...

I was thinking that perhaps I should try and come up with list of reasons why I might be worth dating, a CV of sorts if you like. Then next time I am interviewed as a potential date I will have my answers already prepared – I’ve been out of the dating scene for a while, it still works like that right?

Anyway, here are some points to get started with:


  1. I have a pulse.
  2. Going out with me *may* be preferable to you potentially growing old alone.
  3. I really like travelling and am very good at arranging holidays.
  4. I am solvent.
  5. If I’ve done something wrong I will apologise (and mean it).
  6. I’m honest and if you ask me a question I’ll answer it. But “honest” does not equal “blunt”.
  7. I don’t mind someone ‘having a past’ or being a bit insecure.
  8. I have all my own teeth and limbs.
  9. If I was in love with you, you’d know it. But if you needed a bit of reassurance I’d give it – in my slightly bumbling way.
  10. Animals seem to like me, even ones that are normally very wary of people.
  11. I am told that I come across as a very calm person.
  12. You are unlikely to ever see me on Crimewatch.
  13. I am willing to do all sorts of things in bed – sleep, read, watch TV, drink a cup of tea.
  14. For me, attraction is about so much more than what someone looks like.
  15. I have a good sense of humour and like to make people laugh.
  16. I am pretty unshockable and even if you told me something terrible I’d still speak to you. (Although I might have to take some action over things involving animals or children...).
  17. Even if you had a bunny rabbit, I would never boil it.
  18. I wouldn’t say one thing to your face and then slate you behind your back.
  19. I do not have any communicable diseases.
  20. I’m good in a crisis. If you lost your passport while you were abroad, got stuck somewhere in the middle of the night, were involved in a serious accident etc then I’d drop everything to help you. I can provide references for each of these examples.
  21. I am faithful and monogamous.
  22. I wouldn’t want you to have to live with the regret of thinking “what if...” if you were foolish enough not to go out with me.
  23. I can cook pretty well.
  24. I wouldn’t embarrass you in front of your family.
  25. I am housebroken.
  26. I give very good hugs.
  27. I would bring you a cup of tea in bed, without you having to ask.
  28. I wouldn’t just want you for your body – although if you just consisted of a head and some legs I might be a bit freaked out by that.
  29. But I’d try not to judge.
  30. I’m single.


Come on, how could anyone resist?

4 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Well you sound like the perfect candidate to me! (note I say TO me and NOT for me). Nevertheless why are you still single?

Eddy said...

Well you sound just perfect. I don't think I'll pick this post up as a meme though - my list wouldn't be anything like as appealing.

Pickle said...

Cups of tea in bed, WITHOUT being asked? Do you want to come round mine?!

This is a good idea - you should have it laminated so you can hand it out to potential candidates...

Random Reflections said...

DQ - I ask that very same question myself. I think some people are a bit picky about my second head... but I think my other attributes more than make up for it.

James - Of course I haven't pointed out my bad points (which are very few...) I reckon you could come up with a pretty good list. I think your success rate of late has been better than mine so you must have a reasonable bit of appeal.

Teeny - I'll put the kettle on - although thinking about it the cuppa might be a bit cold by the time I get to you.

I hadn't thought about the laminating option. Excellent idea. Nice and easy to wipe down.