Thursday, March 01, 2007

Time Flies



No work today. Yay! The burglar alarm man is here to fit a new alarm system. He turned up very slightly early, came in walked round where I live and told me exactly what he was going to do and then set to work. So I’m quite impressed by all that - and burglar alarm fitters seem more reliable than plumbers. Later I am going to see my financial adviser and then a friend is coming to stay tonight which should be good.

Last night I spoke to someone who I am going away on holiday with at the end of May. There are two or three people I know purely because of going away on holiday with them and I don’t seem them or have any contact with them beyond that really. It might sound odd, but it works well and it’s mainly because they are friends of friends (although the mutual friend doesn’t necessarily go away on the holiday. We’re going to Wales this year (the previous couple of years has been Scotland) and I had to phone the chap who has booked it to get his bank details so that I can send him the deposit. I have got my internet banking working again and as far as I can see, I have been charged for having gone overdrawn. I still await the refund cheque from my credit card company though. No surprise there...

I can’t believe that it is March already. This year is flying by. I think it’s meant to be a sign of old age that the years fly by very quickly and I suppose I am getting older by the day, but at this rate I’ll be drawing my pension before I know it.

Today is World Book Day, which is meant to encourage people to get into reading. So it’s a good opportunity to dust off a book and get reading.

I have some chores and watching trashy daytime TV ahead.

3 comments:

Drama Queen said...

watching trashy daytime TV ahead. . .


*mmmm. Bliss*

Pickle said...

Maaan. I love daytime TV. I'm stuck at stoopid piggin work.

Random Reflections said...

Today in daytime TV I learned how to renovate a house, about paedophiles, ways to tackle literacy problems, revisited episodes of Frasier - the list goes on... It was a day well spent and was much more enjoyable (not that learning about paedophiles is enjoyable, but it was on This Morning so it wasn't teriibly intellectual) than being at work, plus I now have a more secure home.