Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Delivered



I had a nice day yesterday and it was good to catch up with my friend and her husband. They turned up just as the plumber gas fitter (he gave me a disapproving grunt when I described him as a plumber) was finishing fitting the new thermostat. He turned up about 45 minutes late, but at least he arrived. He also altered a couple of other settings as he said that if they stayed as they were they would rust up the radiators, which could explain why they had to all be cleaned out recently. This also stopped a dripping sound that often emanates from the airing cupboard. So success all round really.

My friends and I walked to the nearby high street and I got a new battery for my watch and then we went for lunch, which was very pleasant, despite the cup of tea not really tasting of tea and instead it had a distinct undertone of chocolate to it. That bit was not entirely pleasant. There seemed to be an awful lot of police officers about in the local area as well. I think we saw eight in the time we were out. They were all just walking the beat, but as I never normally see any near where I live and I hardly live in a hot spot of crime I was a little surprised to see quite so many. Still, I think they did ticket a woman for parking on the zigzag at a zebra crossing.

This morning my new sofa is due to be delivered and hopefully in time so that I am not late for work. Then this afternoon I have to go and hop on a plane so that I can get to a meeting (this makes it sound more exciting a journey than it is) that is first thing tomorrow morning and then I’ve got to fly back tomorrow afternoon and hope that I’m back in time to go out tomorrow night. All of this means that there is unlikely to be any new post here until Thursday. So, no playing with knives or other such dangerous pursuits in my absence. I suggest a nice cup of tea and a listen to some of the songs I have mentioned over the last few days to take you to a happy place.

If you are unable to take yourself to a happy place then I suggest you consider going here instead. However, if formulating evil plans to take over the world is not enough to occupy your time then maybe here is the place for you. Words fail me.

5 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Watch battery. Godamit I knew there was something I was meant to do.

Pickle said...

I shaved the yeti - he didn't even say thanks...

DAB said...

Randon, I just loved your second link.....TF

missfee said...

tea from a dirty cup, ickaroo!

Random Reflections said...

Drama Queen - I am pleased that you can pick up practical uses from this blog. Job done.

Teeny - Yetis are not known for their gratitude. I shaved my legs yesterday, that too was a bit like shaving a yeti.

TF - yes it's a great link. I have no idea what weird minds come up with that sort of thing though!

missfee - I hadn't really quite thought through why the cup tasted like that but I guess you're probably right. Ickaroo (a good new word to add to my vocabulary!)indeed...