Friday, March 09, 2007

Late starts



A late start today as I am hoping that by getting up late I will still be awake in the early hours of both Saturday and Sunday morning. I still woke up quite early this morning though but hoped that by staying in bed for ages that somehow it was like being asleep. Somehow I don’t think it works like that. As I left work yesterday I said to a colleague “So I’ll see you about 4.30 on Saturday morning then” and she said she’d see me then. How depressing is that. For some strange reason we have to do a handover in the middle of the night. I think I have actually done slightly better by doing nights as at 4am at least I can think that I can go to bed shortly whereas some colleagues will be getting up knowing they have a whole day of work ahead of them. (Can you see how I’m trying to find the silver lining in this?). It will all be over soon… It will all be over soon…

Despite the fact that exercise plays no role in my life, yesterday I was thinking that possibly I should be a bit more proactive on that front. Particularly as my food intake this week has been rather high and unhealthy. I normally take two different tube lines to get home but last night I didn’t take the first tube and instead walked to where I could pick up another tube line instead. It took about 50 minutes to walk it (which as on the tube it takes about 10 minutes, is not the quickest way to get home), but it took me through pleasant bits of London and I think I might do it more often and try and do myself some good. As I am also going on a walking holiday at the end of May I should probably try and do something to get myself vaguely fit in preparation for that. This link is only useful if you want to walk in London but if you look here you can put in the name of places in London and it will tell you how to walk between the two. Interestingly it told me that it would take a medium speed walker fifty minutes to walk the route I did last night and I knew I wasn’t walking all that fast, so if I up my pace a bit then I should be able to do it about 10 minutes quicker I reckon.

On other matters, could this be the most boring news story ever- Wembley has got its fire alarm certificate.

If you're a UK blogger then you might be interested in this which is the chance to contribute an amusing blog post you have written to a book that is going to be published next week in aid of Comic Relief. So getting cracking if you want to be part of it.

I read something the other day which in which someone described morale at their company as being so low that you could limbo under a sleeping snake's belly. What a brilliant turn of phrase. Your task is to somehow get that into conversation over the next few days. The more high profile the event the better.

Anyway, that’s all for now. I would guess I’ll be back here on Sunday if I can prop my eyes open with matchsticks. Remember, the phrase that pays* “limbo under a sleeping snake’s belly”.

*When I say “pays”, actually it doesn’t.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

HI, I really enjoyed your blog and was wondering if you would like to add it to my directory? http://www.weblog-index.com/
Thanks, Shelly