Thursday, January 26, 2006

Planning ahead

I am feeling decidedly unimpressed with Blogger as their service was unavailable for considerably longer than they suggested. By my calculations it should have gone offline about midnight, but it proved impossible to gain access for many, many hours longer. Other people did seem to be able to publish post during that time so I don’t know if it was just picking on me in particular.

Last night I went and picked up the key to where I am moving to at the weekend, so that is sorted. I didn’t take any stuff with me even though I probably should have. I think I am trying to put off the hassle of moving for as long as possible, but it does then mean that there is more to do on Friday and over the weekend, so it’s probably not the best plan. Using the word 'plan' does suggest that there is actually one in existence, which would be somewhat misleading...

At work yesterday people were trying to wind me up about having to sleep with my feet in a wardrobe. The chap I sit next too reckons I should sleep with my feet in a chest of drawers until I move to get used to sleeping in a piece of bedroom furniture. Another chap wants to know if once I have moved if I will have taken on a superhero persona when I emerge from the wardrobe each morning. I told him that he had no idea whether I already have my superhero outfit on under my clothes. I am not entirely sure that I would make a very good super hero anyway, unless indecisiveness and procrastination are now viewed as virtues that can save the world.

Anyway, this is the last day I have to get through before being off work until Tuesday. Although I will be busy moving house over the weekend, it will be nice to catch up on some sleep etc. Annoyingly though my return to work next week includes having to go to Birmingham on Tuesday night as I have to speak at a meeting on Wednesday morning. It also involves going to a formal dinner on Tuesday night. Not my thing at all, and will mean having to dress fairly smart. I will already have to wear a suit on Wednesday and now I am going to have to look smart the night before, but not be wearing the same clothes for both things. They obviously do not know what a limited range of smart clothes I own. But apparently I will get a present and there will, of course, be some free food, so perhaps I shouldn’t complain too much.

Another of the people we turned down for interview has got in touch to ask for feedback, so I am seeing him this afternoon. Hopefully he will be as good natured as the chap yesterday, who just kept saying that he had let himself down. I am hoping that I did not depress him too much. I think we should put a ban on offering feedback because people seem to keep taking us up on the offer.

No comments: