Thursday, January 05, 2006

Options

I had a really delayed journey home last night. Someone was taken ill on the train so we had to wait for an ambulance to turn up before we could continue. The person must have been very ill because I have been on trains before where people have been taken ill and London Underground staff just get the person off the train as soon as possible to keep the service moving. A woman fainted on the train once and they carried her of and put her on the platform so the train could move off. Charming. Anyway, three paramedics arrived and eventually wheeled the person away.

The friend I spent New Year with set me a target of claiming back 80% of my tube fares this year. Basically if you are delayed on the tube for 15 minutes or more you can fill out a form and they’ll refund your fare. However, an 80% refund would mean getting back about £1200, which is no mean feat, particularly as the most I have ever claimed back is £120. But you never know unless you try and I have now claimed back about £4 of it because of last night’s delay, so only another £1996 to go.

One of my colleagues said to me this morning that her six year old daughter would be willing to rent me her Wendy house that is in their back garden. Apparently it has a full range of (to scale) appliances and would include free use of the garden slide. The rent would be in the form of sweets. So this could be the fall back plan if tonight’s house viewing doesn’t work out. Always good to have options.

No comments: