Friday, January 27, 2006

Progress

The move has gone ok so far. I have moved quite a lot of my stuff and have managed to fit it all in to my room so far. Most of my books are now there but I have had to put two rows of books on each shelf which I think is probably sacrilegious but needs must. To be honest, I could have moved much more of my stuff today, but my heart wasn’t quite in it. Tomorrow I should have moved pretty much anything that I am taking with me to the new place, which then leaves various bits to take to my parents’ house and then some furniture that I am going to store in a friend’s garage.

I do actually find the whole process of moving quite depressing. Maybe it is just because change can be unsettling. I am moving in with someone I don’t really know, I will have a small room and am going to be back in a phase of having to decide if I have the space for everything before I buy it. I am hardly what you would describe as an impulse buyer anyway, but this is going to be even more reason to put off buying things. Having said all of that the flat screen TV will be a necessity given the size of my new room...

I got a call from work earlier to update me on some stuff for when I am on call, so chances are that I will not go undisturbed this time. My work mobile does have a habit of switching itself off without any warning, so there is still hope.

No comments: