Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Four things

Well, Gripes tagged me but she did it without tripping me up in the playground so I figured I’d carry out her request and fill out the meme on four things. I really struggled on some of them, but with a small amount of creativity managed to answer them.

Four jobs you've had in your life:
I actually haven’t had very many different jobs... Working on the ‘clearing’ lines for students looking for university places in my university summer holidays; various roles as a university administrator (for way too long); scrutinising the treatment of prisoners; work involving the provision of care to prisoners with mental health problems.

Four movies you could watch over and over:
It’s a Wonderful Life; Moulin Rouge; Singing in the Rain, Running on Empty (I’m never sure what the appeal of that film is but I have always really liked it).

Four places you've lived:
London; Coventry; Watford; London (it’s a big place!).

Four TV shows you love to watch:
I watch TV but can I think of programmes I actually love… Erm, well maybe some I have a passing affection for… I tend to watch US crime type series like CSI (the original one rather than the spinoffs) or Without a Trace or slightly trashy US teenage series like Smallville. I do watch more intellectual things too (honest!) *searches brain* University Challenge, when I remember it is on – although I did used to love Fifteen to One with good old William G Stewart when I was a student.

Four places you've been on vacation:
Canada; New Zealand; Scotland walking the West Highland Way from Glasgow to Fort William; Washington.

Four websites you visit daily:
BBC News; Google because I am always thinking of useless facts to clarify; London Underground Tube Diary; and The Gripes of Wrath (of course!)

Four of your favorite foods:
Soda farls; beef goulash (made by my mum); millionaire’s shortbread; roast chicken.

Four places you'd rather be:
I probably can’t think of four, but probably Vancouver (my favourite place in the world) and New Zealand would come a close second. Probably living in my own home without having to keep moving would be good as well!

Four albums you can't live without:
Probably individual songs have more of an impact on me and I listen to albums less often, so I don't think I could name four. I have somewhat eclectic taste in music - anything from The Killers, Razorlight, Athlete and so on to in the classical world things like Aaron Copeland’s Appalachian Spring or Mozart’s Requiem Mass. And pretty much anything in between.

Four to pass this meme along to:
My Britishness makes me reticent to ask someone else to do it, so feel free to do so if you want to and if you don’t have a blog etc but want to fill it out just paste it in the comments below.

No comments: