Thursday, January 12, 2006

More feedback

Just got a text from someone I was having a bit of a will we/ won’t we have a relationship type thing with saying “I’ve started going out with someone else. Thought I’d better mention it”. Guess that’s the end of that then.

It seems the staff survey comments were definitely not meant to have been published and have now been rapidly removed from the intranet. It’s a bit late though as a lot of people had already seen them. My Head of Unit saw them for the first time last night when they were drawn to her attention. She seems to be remarkably calm but has had various meetings with people a lot of today. Although she might not be a particularly pleasant person to work for, I don’t actually want her to feel as though everyone hates her. A lot of the reason she treats people the way she does seems to come from her lacking self awareness and being rather insecure and the survey is not going to change either of those.

2 comments:

The Gripes of Wrath said...

Oof. Texts are such a grim and meagre means of communication; you have my sincere commiserations... (-and their loss, I would reckon. Yeah.. Sod 'em..)

Random Reflections said...

Thanks.

I think it was rather an after thought to tell me, so a text was about as good as it was going to get.

I would like to think that I am a distinct loss, but I am not sure that others are as discerning as myself!