Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sanity returns

I’m feeling a bit more sane today. I am one of those people who can be spurred on by hitting a bit of a low, as strange as that may sound. Not that yesterday was a really bad day, more of a crisis in confidence.

My brain works in a strange way though. I can be faced by a situation and to begin with I can be paralysed into inaction by the prospect of dealing with it. Or when I have a difficult decision to make and don’t know what action to take, sometimes I bury my head in the sand until I have no choice about what to do and have to deal with the inevitable. Actually maybe that isn’t all that strange.

Anyway last night I went out for dinner at Pizza Express, who seemed to have the slowest service ever. It took 45 minutes to get the main course. I wasn’t very impressed, particularly because I was really hungry. It is always a mistake to put a barrier between me and food, as I lose the ability to concentrate or speak coherently if I am hungry. My life really is ruled by food. Then I watched a DVD with my friend D. We watched Batman Begins, which was better than I had feared, but I had to explain pretty much every bit of plot to D and give a constant commentary of what was going on. She also screamed or flinched every time someone got hit or there was a loud bang. Perhaps I have become immune to violence on TV?

Today there was more food, as I went to see another friend for lunch. She has a couple of children who are very amusing and I spent a while chatting to the three year old, who kept making me laugh a lot. Then I came home and phoned my mum and asked if I could store some stuff at my parents’ house. However, if my dad saw the stuff he probably would not be very impressed by it being there and keep hassling me until I moved it all out again, so mum made sure he was busy watching TV while I took the stuff into the house. It is all nicely squirreled away and hopefully he will never know it is there. Bizarre as it may sound he really is so unobservant that he is unlikely to notice it.

My parents’ house is really odd in that it is very tidy downstairs but upstairs is very messy. They have years of stuff that has accumulated. Anyway, I said to mum that I would go back in a few weeks time and we’ll go through all of it and try and get rid of some of it and put the rest of it away better. At least I have finally started to move stuff and by the looks if it there might be more space to store stuff at my parents’ than I had thought. Hopefully, by the time I come to move out of here there will be very little left for me to move.

I can’t believe it is Sunday night. Back to work tomorrow and there will be various bits to sort out there, including returning the expenses overpayment. Doing that will be slightly less painful because I picked up a cheque tonight that is a £200 council tax rebate from when I moved out of my last place. I will have to give half of it to my old housemate, but that was a bit of a result.

No comments: